IT’S TIME FOR AMERICA TO CATCH UP AND WIN
We are at a critical stage in the history of the United States. Our education system is failing. Our students – particularly minority students – are not pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields. We are losing the race in the global marketplace. Here to answer the call is URBAN YOUTH. Our STEM-based curriculum programs give urban students access to high-quality education and to the opportunities that achieving in these areas will afford.
URBAN YOUTH was born out of the highly successful Urban Youth Racing School, established in Philadelphia in 1998 by Anthony Martin. With a 15-year track record of success behind us, as well as national recognition, we look forward to reversing the plight of urban youth in this country by creating opportunities, igniting careers and transforming lives. With plans to expand to five cities in the coming years, we see an exciting road ahead. Welcome aboard!
- Developing student interest in STEM through experiential learning
- Introducing urban youth to STEM that pipelines them into college programs towards STEM degrees
- Supporting and increasing K-12 improvements in urban centers for science and mathematics through industry partnerships
- Providing support services to local school students for applied science and mathematics instruction
- Serving as a Center of Excellence for STEM education
- Support the development of student interest in STEM through experiential learning at its sites
- Introduce minority students to STEM that pipelines them into college programs for STEM degrees
- Support and increase K-12 improvements in urban centers for science and mathematics through industry partnerships
- Provide support services to local school students for science and mathematics instruction
- Be a Center of Excellence for STEM education